Monday, May 22

Final Thoughts

Well, my comments in the previous post got too long, so I've made a new post here about it. Any additional comments, rebuttal, etc are welcome. Also, feel free to note, comment on, or point at the sky regarding our new Cub of the Week, in the right margin of this page.


Regarding Barrett's "FU hit" (the triple in yesterdays game):
It was definitely money... but Pierzynski had his own little FU hit, too...

I kind of liked Pierzynski before that play, but not anymore. I think we all agree that Barrett was out of line, but I think it is part of being a Cubs fan. It's as if Barrett was my kid out there playing ball and since he got in a fight with someone else I am immediately biased, and I immediately went from being a Pierzynski fan to hating him. Watching his smug effing attitude and his "I'm so hardcore for the good of the team" look on his his face as he pumped at the crowd and returned to the dugout after the brawl made me want to reach into the screen and grab his big fat head and clock him again.

Not to mention his mocking of Zambrano when he scored the next day. Going through the whole motion and pointing at the sky like Zambrano... that gets a big Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, in the words of TheHawk. Again, he might not have been mocking anyone, but after his shenanigans from the day before he no longer gets the benefit of the doubt.

All-in-all, this is the most pumped up I've been about the Cubs since Lee got hurt, so if the clubhouse feels the same way about things (the players IN the clubhouse, not the clubhouse itself, you poopheads), then eff it, let's go win some ballgames.


And if the clubhouse returns to its normal stagnant "we can't play baseball and don't care" attitude, then eff the White Sox just the same.

2 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger DS said...

Well Hypo, I'm with you all the way but have just one question: why were you a Pierzynski fan previously?

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Hyposquasher said...

Because I didn't know any better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home