Saturday, February 11

Siesta

Micah Snooze II - Web


I've been snoozing like the dickens for 6 weeks now. I'm going through rough treatment for some heavy sickness, and let's be honest, baseball has been flat-out boring. Why? Because we've had none!

I'm not the kind of guy who will rustle through money talk or contracts, and the World Baseball Classic is shaping up to being less than classic. In fact, I might well start some kind of sweepstakes where we try and predict which big-name star gets a significant injury while fielding against Guam or something. It'll be wonderful.

In less than a week, pitchers and catchers report, and in a month, we'll get all sorts of Spring Training shit to get nuts about. In the meantime, I'm hitting snooze again, but rest assured, I'm not dead.

Yours in Cub,

JT.

4 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it.

 
At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, here's one trade rumor I thought was worth mentioning. I don't think this has any truth to it, and I certainly HOPE it doesn't, but it is such a big fantasy for Cubs fans out their who think that big names win games that I thought I should mention I saw it:

Todd Walker + Prospects to the Nationals for Alfonso Soriano.

This rumor seems to have sprung up because Soriano still refuses to play outfield, which I still don't understand. If the manager starts the game with you listed as the left fielder, do you actually have a choice? Anyway, I don't think the two teams are in talks or anything, I think some bloggers and message board posters are just hoping. Still, I thought it was funny.

That's just what we need; a poor defensive second baseman who has a lower BA and lower OBP than Walker and will cost about $8 million more a year. Thankfully Jim Hendry is the general manager, and not the guys out there who play too much fantasy baseball.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Eric said...

Pitchers and catchers report. Hip hip hooray. Try not to fuck it up Dusty.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Jim Hendry said...

Yeah, I don't want Soriano in the mix at all. He's already caused so much of a stink in Washington that we'd be better off with Walker.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home